Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Drake - Free Smoke (More Life Track #1) Review

"Free Smoke, Free Smoke ayyy"... Now, this song is a nice introduction to an album (at least for me...)! It's catchy, it has elements of everything and it's not too long to bore you right at the start of the album, but it's also not too short to show you too little. The song starts rather interesting, with clean vocals from a lovely lady named Nai Palm. At first, I thought this track was going to be just a short interlude, without Drake on it, just to set the mood for this record, but after the clean vocals right at the start, the bass started poppin' and Drake came out with some fire! I was pleseantly surprised as I was not expecting that at all.


He starts the track with some fire, as always...






Though, I feel like chorus could have been a bit better and contain a few more interesting rhymes rather than just being "Free smoke, free smoke ayyyy"...






The high point of this song is this verse, which is absolutely ON FIRE! I especially like those KD references.





All in all, a pretty solid start to this "playlist", I would say...

No comments:

Post a Comment